Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I Watched in April + May



I know I said I would do this monthly but sometimes I just don't have the time and can't quite keep up. However, I didn't wanna let two months go by without sharing what I Read + Watched...no, wait, scratch that...I didn't read anything this time, I just watched, but well, that's something, right? The descriptions/reviews will be very brief coz June is already pushing our backs!

La Nana - Chilean and kind of weird movie, well, the main character is what was weird I think. It's about a Nanny who's very possessive and crazy at the same time, she's got some issues that she needs to resolve and the help comes from the least expected source.




Buda as sharm foru rikht (Buddha Collapsed Out of Shame) - I'm sort of conflicted about this movie, I really liked it but at the same time it frustrated me! The girl who's the main character is just exasperating at times and you kind of wanna kill her...until you feel sorry for her. All she wants to do is go to school, but living where she does, that is not an easy task to accomplish and she has to go though a lot of trouble on her way.



The Adjustment Bureau - A classic Matt Damon movie, good enough while you are the cinema but likely to forget when you get out. He plays a guy who's believes in destiny so much it makes it stubborn enough to chase a girl until she gets her...even if that's not part of the plan of life. Emily Blunt is kinda funny there.



Mademoiselle Chambon - A bit of a waste of time as nothing ever really happens, they give you bits of "tension"...but then again, nothing happens. No one famous, no one hot, no one interesting...watch under your own risk.

Twelve - Just don't.

Hereafter - Another Matt Damon movie, this is not a classic Damon though. It's about a "real psychic" who decides to retire because he doesn't feel good doing readings and being close to death...until he meets a lady, of course. Weird screen couple, I wouldn't have bet on it coz it doesn't make sense but the movie is sort of entertaining.

Memories of Anne Frank - I love Anne Frank's Diary and her history and all that, if you do too...don't watch this! It's about a girl who claims to have been Anna's best friend and have memories with and of her and her family but never in everything I've read/heard about Franks has even remotely acknowledge her existence; which is why it makes sense that the movie is full of inconsistencies and mistakes and, well, lies. Oh, and it's supposed to be a real story, which automatically makes it even worse.

Room in Rome - A good story, good direction, good acting. The whole story develops -pretty much- in one room and you don't die of boredom. It's one of those 2-character movies but the two of them are strong enough to hold the entire movie.



Red Riding Hood - If you have nothing better to do and wanna eat popcorn, this might be an okay option to join them. Personally, I totally dislike the blonde girl who's the main character, her acting is lame and so is the rest of the cast and the story; everything is too obvious and seen like a zillion times before. Boring!

Postmortem - Argentinian. Boring crap, don't even bother. In fact, I'd like my money back please!

The Stoning of Soraya - OGM! If you read the previous post you'll find out how I feel about this movie. It's really hard to watch but it's got good content, content worth spreading and sad it even happens. It's about the stoning of a woman who's -unfairly- accused of adultery and can't do or say absolutely nothing in her defense. Sad, but true story. Totally worth watching.

Scream 4 - What can I say? The good thing about it being a whole series is that you know exactly what you're getting into if you watch it, it's absolutely under your own risk! haha The story is totally absurd and they just tried too hard to end up with the same crap. Courtney Cox is totally hiatus and looks like she's had a 137 plastic surgeries, David Arquette must have wished he had his sister acting skills, he's such a retard and lousy actor and Neve Campbell seems to be the only decent of the trio, which is too much to say, so, go figure!






No comments:

Post a Comment