Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What I Read + Watched in February

So, It's the end of the month and here I am again, to tell you what I read and what I watched during February. Now, this has been such a hard month for me on a personal level, so I didn't get to watch as many movies as I would have wanted. Hopefully, things will get back to normal soon.

This is what I Watched:


The Kids Are Alright - I wasn't really expecting much from this movie but I ended up liking it better than I thought I would; it's good acting and a 'laid back' flick, enjoyable.




Les Amours Imaginaries (Heartbeats)
- I don't even remember how I bumped into this one but I really liked it, it's a movie written, directed and acted by a young Canadian (twenty-something) and it has a great soundtrack, if you like good/interesting movies, you'll like this one.




Shutter Island
- OMG, I had to watch this one in parts because it kept getting boring so i had to stop, but I finally finished it. It has a few things in common with "Inception", besides Leonardo DiCaprio, I mean...it's not a great story and it's actually kind of predictable.


HIM: Más Allá de la Luz
- This is an amazing documentary/movie about a French Doctor who lives in Mexico and helps people with healing and things like that, he has some Health Centers where he helps people for free and the film lets you in on a little bit about what he does and how he does it, it's a very hopeful movie, which these days you really gotta thank for!



No Strings Attached - Well, Ashton Kutcher is hot and so is Natalie Portman, the story is quite typical, however, they play it right and it ends up being a very nice, funny, smooth movie. I really liked it.



True Grit - Boredom guaranteed from beginning to end, that's all I'm gonna say.


I'm Still Here: A Documentary about Joaquin Phoenix
- Weirdness! Oh, and a bit of madness as well. There was always doubts about JP retiring from acting and he made this documentary with his brother in law, Casey Affleck, to prove it was true but then, in the end, I heard he revealed in Cannes how fake the documentary and whole quitting thing was. He looks pretty much unrecognizable on it but somehow, the whole thing is sort of interesting so it takes you 'till the end with a problem.


This is what I Read:

The Three Mistakes of My Life by Chetan Baghat
- Honestly, at the beginning, it was quite boring as they talk too much about Criquet and stuff I have really no interest in, but then it picks up and turns out to be a good story. Though, personally, I like the author's "Two States" book better.




No comments:

Post a Comment